Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and Colombia
I got to go with a group of Villanova students to Egypt a number of times. Here is the 2008 trip and the 2009 trip. For the days connecting 2009 and 2010, I got to go with a group of colleagues and friends to Egypt and Jordan.
Coldigioco Conference in 2010 when the IBHA was founded.
Rome – The Eternal City, 2017
Milan – 2019
We also got to travel to Jordan.
Zócalo (Plaza de la Constitución) Mexico City
I was at a conference in Moscow in 2012.
I got to spend a semester in 2017 teaching in Madrid, and visited a number of politically important sites in the country, including:
- Ávila – The city is famous as the home of St. Teresa. The city’s walls were begun in 1090.
- Barcelona – Antoni Gaudi’s Casa Batlo, Pedrera, and Sagrada Familia are wonderful; sites from the Spanish Civil War were poignant.
- Córdoba, Spain – An historic Spanish city in Andalusia.
- Segovia – I got to visit Segovia, Spain with Erick; known best for its Roman aqueduct.
- Sevilla – We got to visit historic Sevilla during Semana Santa.
- Toledo – Important city in Roman, Visigoth, Muslim, Reconquest, and early Monarchical periods; symbolic for Franco.
I went with a group of Villanova students to Tunisia in 2012.
I went with a Turkish-American group to Turkey in 2012.